Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It's girl number two for the Ericksons!

Welcome Sonja Lise!

Last Monday evening, March 3rd, we welcomed "little" Sonja Lise Erickson into the world. Our new bundle weighed in at 9 pounds and 13 ounces and is 21.5" long. She attracted the attention of many a nurse with comments like "Wow, that's a big baby!"


To us she is beautiful and sweet, just like her older sister! She is a very quiet baby and is currently sleeping about 2o hours a day! She is a good eater and was already up to 10 pounds at her first post-hospital weigh-in on Friday.


Big sister Linnea is adjusting well, although noticably more excitable since the arrival of her little sis. One of the first things Linnea did when she met Sonja for the first time was to check out her little tiny toes. Now she is in the habit of talking to her in her "baby" voice and giving her kisses. She does, however, get quite upset at the fact that the baby isn't awake enough to play with.

We were surprised by Sonja's quantity of dark brown hair! We are also impressed by the spikey-do that she was born with!



We are so grateful for a healthy and happy baby. We greatly appreciate all the help we received from my mom (Diane) and from my sister Lindsay in the days following Sonja's birth. We are also thankful for all our neighbors who have and will be sending meals over every other night! We know that the Erickson family is truely richly blessed to have such kind and caring people in their lives.

Attached below is a 5 minute video I took of Sonja on her 1 week birthday. I hope those that cannot be here to see her these first fews days might get a small glimpse at what our little one is like.



2 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a great idea to start a blog! I love the pics and the video. Feels like I know her a little bit. And, I love the punk hairdoo - I wonder if it will fall out and come in a different color? I'm very glad that Linnea has a sister. There is nothing like having a sister, as you know, Kris! Happy sisterhood... Can't wait to see her in person. Love to you all from Great Auntie Cheryl and Great Uncle John!

Austin and Sara said...

You move quickly! I think just two days ago Kristin said "We're thinking about starting a blog." I love all the pictures and am excited to come visit again soon! (And this time I'll be sure to bring Austin too!)