Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Fun!

Halloween is such a fun holiday. This year Linnea dressed up as a fairy (shown below) for the harvest party and a princess for actual trick-or-treating. Sonja and I stuck with the fairy thing for both events. Matthew did dress up as a giant purple dog, much to Linnea's excitement. I have to include that photo in a future post.
Mom, it's a little chilly out here for a fairy...


And here the girls are all dressed up...


Sonja really enjoyed waving her wand all over the place. She did wack herself in the head a couple of times and didn't even seem to mind too much. But doesn't she look so cute?


So I am always trying to remember cute things that Linnea says to relate to you all, and I am pretty bad at remembering. But today there were a couple of gems. At brunch, she turns to Matthew and says "Daddy, I met your girlfriend at Schwedish class". Apparently she was the one in the yellow shirt. Then surprisingly, she met his "boyfriend" as well. Just so you know, Matthew took her to Swedish (Schwedish in Linnea speak) class last week, and any girl or boy friend is automatically a girlfriend or boyfriend. I still found it quite amusing.
And then this evening Linnea was telling me that daddy's other name is Peter Panties... I don't know where she came up with that one, but she's obviously not cutting Matthew any slack today!

Sonja is just about crawling. It's going to be any day now. And she loves getting out of the house whether it's going for a walk or going to the grocery store, she's always excited about going on outings and seeing what there is to see. Oh, and did I tell you that she's got 2 teeth down on the bottom. It's really cute. She's only used them on me so far, much to my disapproval, when she's tired of nursing. She's really pretty vocal, blabbing all the time and usually has a big grin on her face. Now if I could only get her to stop waking up every morning at 4 AM!

3 comments:

Austin and Sara said...

Your post has Austin and I laughing SO hard (I am crying about Peter Panties) and Austin keeps saying, "Awww" every time we scroll to a new picture. We miss you all a lot, and will be praying for your transition to Sweden!

Austin and Sara said...

Also, please DO post the picture of Matthew in his costume. And as usual, Austin is finding humor at the expense of your children-- he just said, "It's funny Sonja wacked herself in the head."

Kristin, Matthew, Linnea, Sonja & Mira said...

It's OK Austin, we laugh at their expense a lot too! And I'll get that picture of Matthew posted soon, hopefully along with a little video of the girls.