Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Yard Work and Wheelbarrow Rides

This weekend we spent some time doing some much needed yard work. Sonja just loved it because every time we delivered a pile of leaves to the leaf-pile she got a wheelbarrow ride. It was fun to watch her get so excited and "all smiles" when we'd wheel her around. But every time we took her out to dump the leaves she would start screaming. Since we would then put her back into the wheelbarrow after we dumped the leaves I figured after a couple of trips she'd get it and wouldn't scream when we took her out. No such luck, after at least a dozen trips, she still cried when we took her out. I guess some things are harder to grasp than others!




Linnea has been in a mood lately and doesn't like to have her picture taken. So there aren't any pictures to post of her, just the one where she is holding her Doodle pad in front of her face. That is when we were at the yummy pizza place down the street on Saturday night. I really wanted to get a picture of her because I cut about 3 inches off of her hair and it looks really cute (just like her friend Eleanor she says). Maybe I'll get a shot of it this week.



So, the other morning I was up and could her Linnea whimpering in her room. After a little while I went in and asked her what was wrong. She said "I don't have any makeup." Whimper, whimper. "All I have is chap stick and that really isn't real makeup. I want lipstick and the stuff that you put on eyelashes." I had to try very hard to hold in the laughter. It is so funny because if you know me, I rarely where any makeup at all. I don't know where she gets it from.

Here is Sonja checking out the happenings outside. I don't know what's cuter, the chubby cheeks or the chubby tummy!



The little sneak getting into her favorite hiding spot!

No comments: