Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Rape Flowers in Bloom

After dinner last night I took a walk in the countryside that surrounds us. I really wanted to get some pictures of the flowering rape flowers. They are absolutely amazing, it looks like an ocean of yellow. The pictures came out pretty good, but they really don't do it justice. The rape flower is a very popular crop in the region so we see the "yellow seas" everywhere. I guess the flower is very easy to grow and grows so fast that they actually harvest it twice a season. The seed is then made into rapeseed oil that I've noticed a lot of in the grocery stores.

So here are the pictures. Enjoy!








1 comment:

Krita said...

Tks for posting such lovely pictures. I am Brazilian and didn't know anything about rape fields, I came across this expression on a Wallander novel and couldn't understand where the action was taken place until I saw your photos.
Rita K.