Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sonja's Repertoire

As I am sitting her with Little Sonja Doodle I thought I would update you on her repertoire and other new facts. For one, she is getting about 5 new teeth right now. Two on top have poked through and there are another 2 on top and one on the bottom that are just about to pierce the gum. She is well on her way to have a mouth full. It's funny because up until this point, she's only had the 2 bottom teeth, which came in a few months ago.

As Sonja closes in on her first birthday I can already tell she is not a little baby anymore. While she is not quite walking, she does do a few other tricks. She says, "UH-OH" even when she deliberately drops something. And when Linnea says "ready, set" Sonja says "go" (or something that sounds like that). It is a really fun game for both of them to play. She also gives kisses, blows kisses goodbye and does a baby sign for "tickle my neck", which is throwing her head back and tickling it herself. She also eats everything we do, except nuts, eggs and shellfish. Right now she's really enjoying a grilled cheese sandwich. She really likes cottage cheese, peas and avocado. All to be eaten by herself, of course. Sounds like someone else we know...big sister perhaps. Sonja does baby signs for milk and food as well. We are currently working on please and more.

Linnea is really having fun these days playing with her little sister. This week it snowed a little and they both love for me to pull them around in the yard in the sled. The girls get along really well, so far so good. And they are getting better at Skyping with Nana and Papa and FarMar and FarFar. I think they both just really enjoy looking at themselves on camera.

This week we are starting a new routine where Matthew takes the girls for one afternoon a week so I can have some time to myself to read or run or nap. Tomorrow is the first afternoon and I'm really excited. Hopefully it'll be a nice day. Matt is most likely going to take the kids to the Sim Hall (Swimming Hall), which I know they'll just love.

I've got a few more pictures this week and also some new video that is cute. Unfortunately I have to find a way to reduce the file size of the video before posting because it's too large. But here are some photos for now.





Yesterday we toured around the city center of Lund. And we forgot the camera, of course. But I'm sure we'll be out and about more and more as the weather gets nicer. Yesterday we toured the cathedral and part of the cultural museum, as well as a toy store. Linnea was supposed to by thinking about and looking for what she would like to get her sister for her birthday, but I think she was mainly making a list of things she wanted. It was quite the super toy, baby, candy store. Very exciting and possible location for future outings in town.

No comments: